Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ooh La, La Laduree

The most amazing thing about being in New York City is that you can go to Paris any night of the week.

Once I learned that Laduree was opening up in New York City, I made it a mission to be able to get some of the macarons! New York City is the only city in the U.S to get a Laduree, so I’ve heard reports of the line being wrapped around the block all day long. Luckily, we arrived right at opening on Sunday, so we were maybe 10 people back. The macarons are flown daily in from Paris and with each box you are given a little card that tells you when they are made and the last day you should eat them. I got a cute little box of macarons for a friend and one for myself. Unfortunately, no pistachios were flown over, so I got the next 6 that sounded enticing. By far my favorite was the salted caramel. Not so much salty, as delightfully caramel!

I managed to get a few pictures of inside the store before I was told that they don’t allow pictures inside of their store.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you leave your link to your blog, I'll be sure to check it out!