Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hot Curly Mess

Today I got my 2nd Keratin treatment with the Global Keratin Treatment. Before getting my first keratin treatment, I spent days googling reviews on a keratin treatments, so hopefully this post will come up when someone in my same position researches.

I have coarse, kinky, frizzy, curly hair that I have loathed all of my life. On top of that I live in Houston, where the humidity is unbearable and pointless for a person with hair like mine to even consider straightening on a daily basis. When I did straighten my hair, it immediately frizzed out. So I just stuck to as much curly hair products I could put in my hair to keep it bearable.

After months of research and deciding against mixed reviews to do so, I went in for my first keratin treatment in November. I bought a fantastic deal off of Living Social for S.A.F.E Salon in Spring, TX for $75, originally done for $150 here. Josh did a great job the first time around, I came back the 2nd time and paid the original price! The treatment is fantastic. I have never been happier with my hair and even began taking better care of it. I wash my hair 1-2x a week with the Global Keratin Shampoo and conditioner and I use a Sedu 1/2 inch flat iron (the best of straighteners in my opinion!) along side a Sedu Revolution Pro Tourlamine Ionic 400i  hairdryer I bought from Folica.com. My stylist told me back in November the treatment should last 3-6 months (depending how you take care of it), which I did and I definitely could have pushed it past today, but I decided on my own to do so every 3 months.


A lot of reviewers have complained about the treatment not working or frying their hair out, which scared me into it. But if your hair is already chemically treated prior to the treatment (such as relaxers, huge NO NO!) and you aren’t using the special keratin treatment products, chances are the keratin treatment won’t work because a lot of other hair products contain sodium sulfate, which will strip the keratin out of your hair. I never go into a salon now without asking what products they use and if it will be safe for my keratin treatment and if I will need to bring my own products along. Luckily, I’ve never had to bring my own products because I’ve been recommended to some great places to have my hair blown out.

The keratin treatment will NOT straighten your hair permanently, you still have to put in the work. I like to go to BlowDry Bar when I want to achieve a really straight look. When I don’t, I still have to put in the time, but the Global Keratin treatment is really a Godsend from having a hot curly mess!

Hair after today’s Global Keratin treatment. My stylist even gave me a bang! My hair’s so now.

S.A.F.E Salon
5915 Louetta Rd.
Ste 115
Spring, Texas 77380

Blow Dry Bar
3264 Westheimer Rd
Houston, Texas 77098

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you leave your link to your blog, I'll be sure to check it out!